>>Complete Our Immediate Assistance Form<<
The form is designed to help connect you with a certified professional in regard to your flooded car after hours.
Professional Auto Care
How to Spot a Flood Damaged Vehicle:
Purchasing a flooded vehicle is not necessarily a bad thing, but it has the potential to become a very serious concern when they are not fixed properly. Here is a listed complied by PAC's Karolena Serratos to help consumers avoid purchasing a flood damaged vehicle.
1. Smell - Sit in the vehicle for a few minutes with the windows rolled up.
See if you can smell any foul odors.
2. Look for Corrosion - Look for corrosion along the firewall and hinges.
3. Check Fabrics - See if you spot any type of discoloration in the fabrics, perhaps some not even matching.
4. Check Electronics - Try out all the electronics; from the air conditioning to the radio.
5. Check Air Filter - Look to see if there are water marks on it.
6. Look for Visible Water Lines - Check along the firewall and take a careful look at the interior panels.
7. Look for Debris - Check for any pieces of debris in the engine bay and under body.
8. Check Fluids - Look for any suspicious discoloration.
9. Hire An Expert! - It is always advisable to have an ASE Certified Technician check any vehicle before you purchase, but it especially important for a flood vehicle.
Our own Karolena Serratos was recently on KPRC Channel 2 during their story on how to spot flood vehicles which may come on the used car market in Houston. Check out the video below!
We have been in the same location for over 30 years and have seen our share of floods. Even if your vehicle has started since the event, have it inspected by an ASE Certified Technician for peace of mind. Call to speak with an ASE Certified Service Consultant for some free advice to help you decide how to handle your flood situation. (713) 270-0474.
Vehicles Serviced at PAC
Japanese Vehicles Serviced
Korean Vehicles Serviced
European Vehicles Serviced
Copyright © Professional Auto Care. All rights reserved. 2018
Professional Auto Care is an award-winning family owned and operated auto repair shop located in southwest Houston. It has been run by the same family, the Serratos Family, for nearly 35 years. Professional Auto Care services Domestic, Asian as well as select European vehicles. We are known for our professionalism, transparency and quality of work. Since our humble beginning in 1983, we always strove to provide the best, most reliable service in Houston with a hint of the personal touch. The founders, Everardo and Claudia Serratos, are still involved with the daily operations of the car maintenance and auto repair shop.